Sunday, January 27, 2008

CNY "Kum" Bag

So, I can finally share this - my project for Scrap-n-Crop, my humble little "kum' bag.

For those who celebrate Chinese New Year, you will be familiar with the tradition of gifting people with "kum" (which translates to "gold", well, not the real gold but those mandarins), especially when you visit someone or when you have visitors. I decided to do my take on this tradition and came up with this little bag for carting around the mandarins when we do our visiting rounds this year - my little "kum" Bag, which will be filled up with lots of "gold"!!! Here's wishing all Happy Chinese New Year, and may your houses be full of "kum".


A close-up of 1 of the sides with the character 'Fu' which translates as happiness.

The other side with the monograms making up 'CNY' for Chinese New Year.

More 'blings'. Love the cute flower eyelet used for the cord-handle.

No comments: