Friday, December 14, 2007

A Whaat???

Okay. The picture you are about to see is a Caly-bird. Yup, you read it right, it's a Caly-bird. And no, it's not some kind of new bird species, but more like something J made up. She just came up to me one day and asked me, "Mummy, can you please draw me a Caly-bird?" Of course I patiently asked her what that was and what I got back was this look - this duh-helloo-where-have-you-been-living-all-this-while look. So never mind, J proceeded to describe to me in detail what a Caly-bird looked like and this is what I came up with ...



... and believe it or not, J squealed in delight when she saw my finished (err ... I think it's finished) drawing and went, "Yaay, that's Caly-bird!!" So I must have done something right. Oh well, now Caly-bird shares a space above her pillow in bed, her special treasure trove ...

3 comments:

Peridot&Sapphire said...

hey... your drawing is nice and this caly-bird is so cute! with a swirl tail... haha! I think your girl inherited your talent too...

tourmaline aka sharine

kitkat said...

Hahaha, thanks. I will probably be getting this Caly-bird made into a stamp at some point. My DD has got quite a few more 'creations' that she has asked me to do for her. I will hopefully get it right with her 'instructions' and post them here later on ...lol! Imagine, my 'Art Director' is aged 2+!!

Chowchow said...

Nice doodle Kat. I love it. You would def have to send me a copy of the stamp when you are ready. Thats one creative mind at 2 years old. Imagine when she is older. Wowser!