Monday, December 31, 2007

Altered Holiday Bird

Today's the last day of year 2007, 1 more day to a brand new year ... exciting and nostalgic at the same time. I'm in a holiday mood and I've altered this little wooden Holiday Bird with stamping of snowflakes. The bird was then crackled and wings and a little ribbon were attached. Tips on altering the bird can be found here.

I love the crackle effect!

Here's wishing everyone Happy New Year ...


Materials - Pattern Paper: Sassafras Lass, Basic Grey; Stamps: Hero Arts; Ink: Tsukineko Brilliance, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad; Others: wooden bird, Ranger Inkssentials Crackle Accents, ribbon.

4 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Wow, gorgeous birdie! Love it!

Chowchow said...

Kat - I dont know how I missed this. I love it! Love the cracking effect on it too. Great job with tht. Can't wait for Val to bring in the Tim Holtz crackle paints... You will soar with them.

My Paper World said...

So pretty! Love the crackle effect it looks beautiful!

Fiona Carter said...

Love your birdie. Wishing you a happy new year. Hope 2008 is great for you and your family.
Cheers
Fiona
x