Thursday, June 19, 2008

Undiscovered Picasso

I'm totally inspired by this colour these days - Cerulean Blue ... according to Nick Bantock, love that ink colour to bits. Finally managed to get off my busy schedule *ahem* (read: lazy butt) to participate in a little challenge ~ using little one's art in a LO. Remember J's artpiece from here? Well, I hope my LO does her piece justice.


Distressed the blue cardstock and the blue splashes of paint on the background is actually J's handprints ~ which by the way, she LOVED doing. I had to submit some kind of torture technique to the piece so I messed up the alphas with some copper ink and copper-embossed them for that kinda-rusty-kinda-dirty look.

J loves butterflies - this one got stickled a teeny bit.

More paint and a little journalling. Ce'st fini!

Sadly though, J asked if this was done for her and when I told her yes, she was disappointed. Apparently it's not "pink" enough ... exact words were "But Mummy, you know I like pink ..." yes, as in THAT shade (fuschia), oh well!



Supplies - Paper: DaisyD's, Fancy Pants, Making Memories, Bazzill Cardstock; Paint: Making Memories; Ink: Nick Bantock Reinker, Tim Holtz Distress Inkpad, Tsukineko Brilliance; Alpha: Heidi Swapp; Embellies: Making Memories, Kaiser Craft, Stickles; Pen: Pigma Micron.

1 comment:

Chowchow said...

Love this lo. looks ao arty and J looks to cute with her hat. Plus love that detailing of her sleeves.