Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ballerina Girl

J started ballet lessons ...


She had been pestering me to let her learn ballet for some time now, but I had been a little hesitant, I mean she's just a wee bit past 3 years old ... So anyway, since I took the day off last Thursday, I decided to let her attend a trial class at Priscilla Ballet. Surprise, surprise, it went wonderfully well - she was actually able to follow instructions and follow the class. I mean I was so afraid that she might disrupt the class with her incessant chatter (which, by the way, was only minimally reduced) And although, her ballerina march still needs work (she was more of a stomping baby elephant!!) the teachers okay-ed her to be 'teach-able' so to say and so, I am now proud mummy to a little ballerina in the making. She has attended 2 classes so far (excluding the trial) and seems to be enjoying them so I finally bought her ballet shoes as she had gone through the earlier sessions barefooted. I had sat in the the trial and 1st class but have since been shoo-ed out by the teachers, but J didn't seem to even notice whether or not I was there.

And the tutu made for her by Aunty Yoonie is being given a real workout now!

1 comment:

Chowchow said...

Love love love this photo Kat!!! This begs to be scrapped....