Sunday, December 16, 2007

Altered Lunch Tin

Here's a lunch tin that I have finally finished altering. This took waaayy longer than planned due to lots of 'unforeseen circumstances' (I love how that makes it sound like such a valid reason!!) along the way. Anyway, it's finally done and I have to admit I really had a great time working on this - by far my favourite project so far in terms of enjoying the process!
Lined the tin cover edge with velvet ribbon.
I made a little tag too (on the right side of the handle) - an excuse to use my tag die-cut on my Cuttlebug.
This is what it looks like opened up.
A close-up. I adhered a pearl centre to the flower and added a little 'bling' to it. And finished it with my favourite process - Modge-Podge.

Materials - Lunch tin: Provo Craft; Pattern papers: My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey; Rick-rack: Phrase Cafe (EK Success); Flower: Prima; Others: Modge-Podge, Making Memories Pearl, various ribbons, bling.

6 comments:

Peridot&Sapphire said...

I like this altered piece of artwork. Especially the color combo... abit vintage look. May i know how to achieve the flowers and flourishes look on the right? Is it stamping or the pp?

kitkat said...

Hi, thanks for visiting. the flowers and flourishes are actually part of the pp - this is the My Mind's Eye pp which you can get from S&C (http://www.scrap-n-crop.com/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=3851). I love this pp! And, you should try altering the lunch tin - it's loads of fun.

Chowchow said...

I totally love this tin. The pearl looks so elegant as the center of the flower. I am so going to copy that idea. Hope you dont mind.

Yatie Tajudin said...

Kat, this is gorgeous. I love the colours.

Wati Basri said...

lovely tin...love it :)

Naddy said...

love the tine... lovely